Monday 10 November 2008

Success at the Handm@de show in Oxford!

I love it when all the pre-show stress and worry pays off! Yesterday's craft fair 'Handmade' was a great success for me and I am really pleased. I was sad to see some things go, like my 'Blackjax' artwork but I know the guy I sold it to will treasure it. It reminded him of something from his childhood (luckily nothing traumatic!) so he HAD to have it! He didn't buy it straight away but came back an hour or so later with the money, probably after lots of 'should i? shouldn't i?' :) I also sold one of my wall panels - 'Earth Blocks'. This was the first show where I'd put them out and they got quite a bit of attention. The tack-fused panel 'A Splash of Colour' had lots of folk running their fingers along it - more proof of how pleasingly tactile my work is.

'Blackjax' handmade fused glass framed artwork (detail)

'Earth Blocks' handmade fused glass wall panel (with mounts)

I wish I'd had a helper though so I could've browsed all the other handmade goodies! *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my glassy blog. I love to hear feedback so fire away...