Sunday 3 July 2011

Hello world! New website is on its way...

Blimey! Been such a long time since I've blogged. *Waves* Hello world! I'm still here. After taking time out from the hectic world of glass making, just running on tickover, I am back. I've decided to move my website hosting so that's what is keeping me busy at the moment. Once it is up and running, you'll see plenty of improvements: personal shopping accounts, discount codes, a more organised shopping experience with categories sub-divided by style, and, as soon as possible, LOTS of new glassy goodies! Yippee!

Here are a few screenshots of the new work-in-progress website as I prepare it to go LIVE. As soon as it does I'll be sure to let you know. I know, you want to go try it out NOW but as it is much more sophisticated than the old one there is LOADS for me to do behind the scenes. You can still shop here and view my past work here - all of which can be re-commissioned should you see something you like.

Here's how the homepage is shaping up...


Moving webhosting is a bit of a mission. The new-fangled website has oodles more stuff on it, so plenty of extra work for me behind the scenes! I'm liking the new look - almost like the old one but a bit different :) Make sure you register a shopping account for yourself as soon as it is live. There is a lot to do but I've done plenty already. Here's more...

The rings main page...

Each product will have its own category page, with links to styles. This should provide a much more organised way to browse & buy my glassy goodies.

And the 'cufflink menu'...

For my glassy goodies with many ready-made designs already created, I am creating 'menus' - grouped galleries of my designs to pick and choose from. This will show sold out/commissioned/current work for you to re-commission or designs from which to influence something new, just for you.

Right, back to it. I hope you're well and 'speak' soon!

S.

2 comments:

  1. Thanking you! The bones are more or less done. Next task is getting all the products listed. Luckily I don't have too much in stock :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest in my glassy blog. I love to hear feedback so fire away...