Saturday, 6 December 2008
Here's a slideshow of some of my photos - I say 'some' as I had to whittle them down a bit as I took so many, like usual!
If you want to skip through to flickr direct, this link will take you to the set where I have added labels, descriptions and links: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephjones/sets/72157610622750978/
Friday, 21 November 2008
The pretties below the cufflinks are rings, ready to be finished off. Every one is unique!
Wednesday, 19 November 2008
Tuesday, 18 November 2008
Look! I really went - I have proof! That's me on the left in jeans.
My glassy orders have also been stacking up so last night I filled up the kiln (and cut myself *sob*) with commissions and some new cufflink designs.
Tuesday, 11 November 2008
Monday, 10 November 2008
I intend to make gallery pages for all my work as there is so much now it won't fit in just the one!
'Blackjax' handmade fused glass framed artwork (detail)
'Earth Blocks' handmade fused glass wall panel (with mounts)
I wish I'd had a helper though so I could've browsed all the other handmade goodies! *sigh*
Thursday, 6 November 2008
Wednesday, 5 November 2008
Tuesday, 4 November 2008
Monday, 3 November 2008
Sunday, 2 November 2008
Click the image to go to the download page...
Saturday, 1 November 2008
1. 'Tropicana' handmade fused glass latticeware bowl, 2. Viridian handmade fused glass latticeware bowl (side view), 3. 'Berry Zest Lattice' handmade fused glass latticeware bowl, 4. 'A Touch of Luxury' handmade fused glass latticeware bowl in situ, 5. Forever Autumn handmade fused glass latticeware bowl (detail), 6. 'Patience' latticeware bowl (side), 7. Sugar & Spice handmade fused glass latticeware bowl, 8. sunset-landscape, 9. 'Vulcania' handmade fused glass latticeware bowl (top view)
Friday, 31 October 2008
Thursday, 30 October 2008
Wednesday, 29 October 2008
Tuesday, 28 October 2008
I know I said a while ago I'd be uploading lots more fused glass rings to my website but I'm hoarding them until after my shows as they're good sellers (and a bit of a pain to photograph!). Bear with me though and I will add them. They are mostly one-offs so if you see one you like, grab it while you can!
Monday, 27 October 2008
I also went big on cufflinks, making the glass for 35 pairs, 5 of each of the designs I mentioned before. These are nearly ready to be shipped out. Just need the finishing touches. :)
Sorry about the rubbish photos! Just took some quickies without my usual lighting.
Saturday, 25 October 2008
I will post photos once the order is ready :)
Thursday, 23 October 2008
Each event will have take-away goody bags, filled with lovely samples and info on all manner of talent artists and designer/makers. I am providing little samples of fused glass on specially designed cards and I made the first batch this morning. I am really pleased with how they've turned out. I think they look really professional and will give visitors to the events an idea of my work and be nice little take-home samples. I plan on making 100. I have made 16 so far! hahaha!
If you wanted to do something similar, I've used Bostik removable 'sticky dots' which have worked a treat! Took me a while to find what I wanted - not easy when you don't know the name of something! I picked removable ones so the glass could be easily taken off the card. I'm considerate like that!
Tuesday, 21 October 2008
- Handmade Heaven by Steph Jones (me!)
Funky fused glassy goodies & contemporary crafts with a retro twist
- Lush Lampwork by Julie Fountain
Stunning, delicious & delightful handmade glass beads and jewellery
- By George by George Harper
Intricate handmade metal maille jewellery, oozing quality & style
- Emily Parker Art by Emily Parker
Realistic & artistic life-drawings & mixed media paintings
- Charmaine Bartram
Luxurious & exquisite wearable wonders : collars, shawls & wraps
- Dove Art by Kate Wilkins
Richly textured & colourful mixed media art
- Through the Lens by Ken Shekan
Photography for all occasions and needs
- Button Bijoux by Lauren Williams
Fun, eye-catching & wearable unique button and fabric bead jewellery
- Frances Browne Art by Frances Browne
Cute & collectable flora & fauna paintings
- Sue Green Jewellery by Sue Green
Pretty, easy-to-wear, handmade fashion jewellery
- Changing Leopards by Katrine Elliott-Mead
Contemporary mosaics for interiors, exteriors & to wear
- Green Forest by Phil Hinton
Woodland crafts in local & reclaimed timber
- Sarah Pearson Cooke Textiles by Sarah Pearson Cooke
Hand-dyed Shibori textiles
- Emma Helbrough Art by Emma Helbrough
Charming & collectable still life, real life & textile artwork
- Boseley Wood by Lucy Boseley
Mirrors, clocks, coat hooks & more made from recycled wood & old furniture
- Fuzzy Merton Jewellery by Katherine
Contemporary, unique handmade jewellery in silver, gold & semi-precious stones
- Trudi Hayden Art by Trudi Hayden
Nature & abstract art for home, commercial & outdoor spaces
- Michael Peckitt Jewellery by Michael Peckitt
Very colourful, handmade designer jewellery made from acrylic & adonised aluminium
- Richard Wells
- Snappy Sausage by Abbi
Fun, funky jewellery for dressing up or dressing down
- The Gingerbread Girl by Emma Gladding
Cute, cuddly and colourful recycled textiles
- Worcester Pen Company by Bryan Lucas
High-quality pens made from precious resins, ebonite & hallmarked sterling silver
- Mike Kingston Art
Bright & bold paintings - beach huts & more
- Jane Vernon Ceramics
Modern-yet-tradtional ceramics for every home
Sunday, 19 October 2008
- liase with pub to book uBou2 in
- sort out food & drink for uBou2
- update uBou website with new artists
- write application pack, form and terms & conditions for uBou2
- email uBou-ers with said application material/answer uBou emails
- create excel file with all uBou info in it so i don't forget what
- update Handmade Heaven website
- make 35 pairs cufflinks for wholesale order
- order in supplies for said wholesale order/packaging for uBou
- design, create and order in cards for glassy samples for Handm@de/uBou show freebies
- order glue for said card freebies once decided the type it is/what it's called!
- pack up and post 'Patience' latticeware bowl which just this minute sold
- create 6x 'Huge Heart' coasters for a commission
- make more stuff for Handm@de fair
- sort out bloody car!!
- domestic stuff
- eat/sleep - or at least try to sleep!!
I also want to say RIP to TishTash Art, my friend's painting venture which she has sadly laid to rest due to a big promotion at work and health problems from trying to be superwoman! Chin up Tash. Hope things sort themselves out now you'll have time for yourself xx
Wednesday, 15 October 2008
More details shortly :)
By the way, if you have a website and would like a link swap with uBou, please contact me and I'll add you to our links page.
Tuesday, 14 October 2008
Monday, 13 October 2008
You can also see my new cloth in this picture. It's a bright red with a Scandinavian pattern and makes such a big difference. The moss coloured one I was using before was a little bland and I wanted to have something that more reflected my bright, fun and colourful work. Must say a big THANK YOU to my mum for hemming the new cloth for me!! x
I'm really pleased with how the stall looks in this mock-up. Planning before an event is always a good idea and I'm glad I did it. Now I know I don't need extra lights - well, maybe 2, but not the full 6 old ones as well as the new! I also now know how I am going to set up the basics of the stall so this should save me time on the day. More time to make things look pretty & buff up my glass!