Thursday 14 August 2008

Photos from the weekend - Malmesbury, Wilts.

I have a love of Britain's architecture and history, with a particular interest in ecclesiastical designs. I love, love, love stained glass windows and have a bit of an obsession with photographing them! On Sunday I went to Malmesbury in Wilts to grab a bite to eat and have a little mosey about the town. It's one of those historic English towns with an unchanged look to it. These are a couple of snaps I took, in and around the abbey:

Does this face look like it's floating to anyone else too?! Freaky!

This window really was stunning. It was quite different to most I've seen as it had a high proportion of a greeny glass and simple, striking figures. Nice and simple and not overly gaudy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my glassy blog. I love to hear feedback so fire away...