Monday 9 June 2008

'A Day at the Beach' handmade fused glass dish

Took this lovely dish out of the kiln this morning. It goes with my new 'A Day at the Beach' coaster set. I have been meaning to make larger items for a while but I never get round to it. This time I dusted off the fusing mould, bit the bullet and created this funky glass dish/plate. It's turned out so well. I love bigger fused pieces and am regretting not making more earlier on! I will be making more larger pieces soon, based on existing coaster designs. I think 'trifle' bowls would be just beautiful, with the shallow curve working well with the copper strips - anything too curvy might not work with the copper as it's quite stiff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in my glassy blog. I love to hear feedback so fire away...